Church Property and Finances
Having a physical location is essential to establishing and growing your ministry and taking full advantage of Florida and federal tax exemptions. Yet, like with most enterprises, the purchase of real property and construction of your building is probably the single greatest investment your church will likely ever make. John Joseph of Church Legal Center is an experienced business lawyer with decades of experience helping Florida churches with property purchases, financing and other financial matters.
Church Legal Center can help your church with all of the following:
- Real Estate & Business Transactions
- Purchase and Sale of Real Estate
- Church Property Purchases – A great amount of time, money and effort goes into finding the right location and negotiating an acceptable deal, but any misstep along the way can cause all of that effort to go to waste. We provide the knowledge and diligence necessary to help your real estate transaction conclude successfully.
- Sale of Church Property
- Vendor Contracts
- Commercial Lease Agreements
- Review and negotiate cell tower agreements – Cell tower co-location can be a win-win for the cellular provider as well as the church. We help negotiate a favorable deal that considers all the important elements to protect your interests, including installation and removal, liability and indemnification, and of course financial matters ranging from key money to rent, utilities and termination payments.
- Satellite Church Formation – Expand and grow your ministry by establishing additional sites in multiple locations to spread your message. Church Legal Center is with you every step of the way, from pre-planning to ground-breaking.
- Purchase and Sale of Real Estate
- Church Financing Assistance
- Church Financing – Church Legal Center works with lenders and related parties to help you secure the financing for your project at a reasonable rate and with your rights and interests protected now and into the future.
- Commercial Loans
- Denominational Financing
- Bond Issuance/Notes
- Opinion Letter for funding transaction
- Church Finance Matters
- Embezzlement – If a trusted employee steals from the church, we can help recover the stolen funds by drafting a restitution agreement. Church Legal Center is well-versed in all types of employee matters, including embezzlement or other financial misconduct.
- Conversion of Designated Offerings – Any gifts to the church are always greatly appreciated, but sometimes offerings come with designations or strings attached that don’t match up with the mission and goals of the church, or they could be better directed toward more urgent church needs. With the help of an experienced attorney, such monies can often be converted on a legal basis to best serve the needs of the congregation.
- General Liability – Backed by decades of business law experience, we provide counsel on an array of liability issues and recommend ways to reduce your liability exposure. In the event your church is sued, we work with your insurance company appointed counsel to help ensure your rights and interests are looked after throughout the litigation.
Help with Church Property and Finances from an Experienced Florida Church Law Attorney
For help with church property purchases, financing or other financial matters, call Church Legal Center in St. Petersburg at 727-410-7215. We represent churches, ministries and charities across the Tampa Bay area and throughout the entire state of Florida.