Church Boards and employees face an awesome responsibility of operating the church on a daily basis, maintaining compliance with a multitude of local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and confronting and dealing with issues as they arise in a sensitive, practical and efficient manner. Attorney John Joseph at Church Legal Center can help in all of these areas, providing as much assistance as needed to keep your organization operating smoothly.
We can provide assistance in all of the following areas, among others:
- Board Meeting Documentation and Assistance
- Attend board meetings, annual meetings, special business meetings – Attorney John Joseph is present upon request to advise and participate as necessary, including executive sessions or addressing the board or membership.
- Drafting Corporate Resolutions
- Drafting Bylaws
- Revising Bylaws
- Same Sex Marriage issues
- Legal Review of Documents – We conduct a thorough, confidential review of documents such as contracts and leases, and your current Articles of Incorporation, Constitution and By-Laws. We assist clients in negotiating, drafting, updating or restating critical documents.
- Office Management – Dealing with personnel matters is a legal minefield to the uninitiated. We assist personally in the employment process to make sure employment interviews and hiring decisions are conducted in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We aid in termination matters as well, so that the church is not drawn into costly litigation due to wrongful termination errors.
- Insurance Reviews – Let our office review your church policy and declaration sheet and advise you on its sufficiency.
- Attend or conduct mediations – Not every grievance or dispute needs to lead to litigation. We help resolve disagreements on an informal basis, creating a collaborative solution that meets everyone’s needs and protects your vital interests.
- Church Name Change
Call Today for Help with Church Governance in Florida
To learn more about how we can help you with church governance matters, call Church Legal Center at 727-410-7215, or contact us online to set up an appointment. Located in St. Petersburg, we represent churches throughout the Tampa Bay area and all over the state of Florida.